Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Daddy's Girls


This “keeping up on the blog” thing has been a little more difficult than I anticipated.  I have decided that I am a binge blogger.  First step is admitting it, second step is praying that my readers accept or at least deal with it.

It was Saturday, and Bryan needed a couple hours to do yard work.  He usually does this every weekend from Aprilish though September.  The girls and I were inside, they were finishing up breakfast and I was doing some cleaning that I chose to ignore on Friday. 

The girls were getting anxious and impatient with Dad as he was finishing up mowing the lawn, and they could join him outside to “help out”.  Luckily, Bryan embraces these times and assigns the girls tasks while he does the real work.  Fortunately, we have girls that love to get a bit dirty.  I usually stay inside and get some time away from the little blessings, you know, to catch up on the Real Housewives I may have missed that week.


The girls make sure I feel included and bring their treasures to the window to show me.


I took pictures this day specifically so I could write a blog for how thankful I am of the Dad Bryan has become. (Thanks Honey, you amaze me!) By the time they got inside, it took 2 hours longer than expected and I had to give baths to two VERY dirty girls, I was no longer feeling so Bloggy.  I ended up not writing that night.

A couple days later I came across this cute quote:

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." 
--Harmon Killebrew   


These girls are pretty darn lucky.

No comments: